Sunday, April 12, 2009

Parent's Day Out...Shock n Surprise...!

Imagine it’s a Saturday morning and u r drop dead (asleep) as expected on ur bed and suddenly u receive ur Dad’s call that he is standing outside ur door...guys I know u wud think tht it’s a wild nightmare tht u r in and u wud continue sleeping…phewwwwwwwwww!!!

But that’s how my weekend almost started this Saturday. The only sollid difference was just tht even after my mom’s persistent asking me for my Noida address over the phone calls frm last 8 months, I somehow managed to dodge the question abt my exact address in the city…n that’s what actually saved my a^$e…;)

Received the call at 10:15 AM, midnight was in full swing and that was the time when all my frens at my place were cozily sleeping in their own dreams…but not any more…within 30 seconds of my informing thm abt the situation at hand…everyone was running…here n there…koi kuch utha raha tha to koi kuch theek kar raha tha…Kahi se kuch nikal raha tha…to kahi se kuch gayab ho raha tha…

Just 10 minutes after I received the call frm Paa, I called him back again, n was relieved to know tht thr were still 20 more minutes for them to reach my place…courtesy the Delhi traffic…I loved it for a moment…! Khair, sparing no more time, the mobilized frens and the “munnabhaish” hullaballo and the running around paid me a fortune in the end…

By the time my mom n dad stepped out of the car, we all had taken our bath in our own ways and the place was spic n span…literally…kudos to my frens support and our righteous actions at the spur of the moment. N so…here they were, started with a Charan Sparsh!!!

So, after the initial introductions, as I had imagined, all flat-mates went quickly in their own rooms, nobody wanted to talk much, I don’t knw whether they were shy or what but m sure they were being really very careful. Must hav been their planned strategic move so tht even a shudder of our lingo doesn’t comes out. The restraint for them, yeah, I can imagine what they might hav been goin thru…kudos again!!! :)

So, the time was running quite quickly, with lot of talking and with the mixed n more positive shocking surprise sentiments which I was going thru. Knowing my mom, I had already warned my frens, tht she wud definitely take an inspection round of every nook and corner of our place n their rooms n so she did…but we were all very well prepared for the ‘worst’ n so the inspection round too went smooth…we had a smirky winky smile on face…yipppie…we won…!

N believe me, the lunch tht we had at home was one of the most sane lunches which I was having for the first time post my coming to Noida…the plates were all flowing properly, there was a lot of passing of dishes around, there were meaningful discussions on the table and what not? We all had kept my mom (even after her several attempts) stay away from the kitchen and had served the maid-prepared food on our own…which I shud quote here as a commendable gesture frm our side…

The evening was full of showing around the Noida place with full zeal and zest, wanted to show thm around everything I cud, everything which has actually been a part of my recent past life. N yeah, I concluded the day with a visit to a nice temple which definitely had set the best possible holy chord. But this was my choice only, so no pun intended here.

The next day of “Parents day out” started with another surprise but this time, not a shocking one but a highly pleasant one. Guess a dream came true! My mom decided, that she wud cook the breakfast for us, so she asked the maid to leave tht part of the cooking for her only. N believe me tht was a TREAT for all of us! We had an amazing round of “Bread-rolls” as our breakfast, after a long long time…kudos to mom n the magic of her hands, as always!

The high point of the day was also the visit to my office, which was to let my mom-dad know, tht my company not only exists, but it rests on a nice green lush green well maintained 25-acre campus, and yeah, I hav been well taken care of, courtesy all your wishes.

Believe me what started with a shock, ended with a lot of emotions…Firstly, I had not imagined tht they wud leave my place with a smile, but they did leave with a smile. N yeah, the smile was accompanied with my mom’s characteristic tears which always trickle down at the time of parting. I guess moms are blessed to bless us with them.

But after coming back home, even I felt too lonely again and was a lill jittery definitely for the ntire evening, the smalltime which they spent here with me definitely was great, it was as if even Noida was a complete home, for some time...Having the same food which I daily have, visiting the same places where I visit, walking the same lanes where I walk…they lived a piece of my life, n even I tasted a piece of home life here at Noida...

Kudos this time, to my mom n dad for showing up with the stylish surprise…I truly loved it and thankfully made the most of it!!!

8 comments:

Abhishek said...

So u managed to prove that you are that "sanskari" "susheel" kinda beta ;)

Tosh said...

Dude, I din't know you as a blogger. I read the last one & enjoyed as much as if I was in the perpendicular situation.

Keep up the nice work brother.

akashthematrix said...

@Abhishek:

Sirjee...Koi shak??? ;)

akashthematrix said...

@Tosh:
Hi Bro...a very welcome 2 the blog...
N yeah...m sure when any1 "seedha saada" like us wud face a similar situation, they will find themselves in a soup ;)

I wud say, take this experience as a guide if et al u fall into this trap.. :)

santasizing...Fantasizing said...

i read it..and commented...and then dont know why my comment never appeared:(

so the incident sounds like pure fun:)...and im sure u guys had a tuff time neating up d house:)...

im so plain jealous...ur folks can simply drive down n visit u...and look at me..stranded in some other part of the country...

Good one buddy...totally loved reading it as i went picturising u in the state all through;)

akashthematrix said...

@Santa:
Itna intezaar to humne santa claus ka b nai kiya...jitna is comment ka kia ;)

But u r right...livin in noida makes life easy...even if i go 2 jaipur once in 2-3 months but tht emotional ease tht i can go thr any weekend...keeps both sides happy...but looks who is sayin she is stranded...grapevine told me the girl is havin full fun wid habby n roofoos...what say?

Ehem...picturising me...thats a sweet 1 :)

Unknown said...

Awesomee.... Though I wish your mom knew the address... would have loved the looks then she would have given to you...it wud had been a really surprise trip!!! :)

Aunty ko phir galatfahmi ho gayi ki unka beta sushil and sansakari hai.. :(

akashthematrix said...

@Chirpy:

Plz...kis janam ka badla le rai hai yeh soch ke...hmmm!!!
N btw, my mom can definitely do tht some other time in the near future...so m already perturbed...:(

Sacchha seedha nek...woh to mai hoo hi :P